This Product Will Give You Perfect Brows For Weeks
While we love to take on the role of ‘beauty therapist’ to give ourselves an evening of self-pamper and luxury, there are some treatments that just need to be left to the professionals. Nothing feels better than securing a much-awaited salon/beautician appointment, and while we’ve truly missed the feeling, lockdown has opened our eyes to various at-home treatments that we never knew we needed.
Naturally, one of the most universally feared of them all, waxing. Many of us have mistakenly associated waxing with pain. We’ve all had the Friends flashbacks (if you know you know). But it doesn’t have to be this way. With the right kit, the right method, and soothing ingredients, waxing your eyebrows is a breeze.
After 30+ years of experience of hair removal and sugar waxing, Rosie Khandwala created Sugar Coated. Growing up on the North-East coast of Tanzania sugar waxing was the only way to wax. Rosie worked in her cousin’s salon after school where she perfected her craft in sugar waxing. After moving to the UK with the surprising news that sugar waxing didn’t exist, it became her mission to introduce it. And we couldn’t be more thankful. She went from home manufacturing in the kitchen to growing Sugar Coated into that successful business it is today, selling a variety of wax for your legs, face, body, bikini and underarms. All the while still keeping it very close to home.
“The Sugar Coated Facial Hair Removal Kit is ideal for waxing brows, even for beginners”, says Rosie. “Because the formula is simply made out of water and sugar, you can simply wipe it away if you made a mistake and not wax off half your eyebrow! We also added Lavender Essential Oil which stops inflammation.” Besides the insanely delicious scent of lavender that you can smell even before opening, the wax is 100% natural meaning: cruelty free, vegan and biodegradable. Being a very important mantra to Sugar Coated, they strive to be as ethical and eco-friendly as possible throughout the entire process, including supporting the bees!
“The Sugar Coated Facial Hair Removal Kit is ideal for waxing brows, even for beginners”Rosie Khandwala
With all the boxes being ticked, including the adorable packaging, I had to get my brows looking ultra-bushy to give it the definitive test. And I can say, I don’t think we’ll be needing to head back to the beauty salon any time soon. The salon has come to us. And I couldn’t be happier.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to wax your eyebrows at home using the Sugar-Coated Facial Hair Removal Kit:
- Start by making sure you have all the equipment you’ll need. Besides the waxing kit which provides the wax, spatulas and waxing strips, you will also need tweezers, an eyebrow pencil and a magnified mirror. It’s also suggested that your eyebrows are fully clean from any oils or moisturizer as this will help the wax to bond to the hairs better.
- Using a small magnified mirror, trace the desired shape of your brow using a pencil. We’ve all played about with our eyebrow shape before so whether you’re going for bushy or tapered, make sure to keep those ends. (Learnt from previous experience)
- Next, you’ll want to quickly go in with tweezers and pluck any strays. Get the hard bit done and the waxing will be easy!
- Like all waxes, they’ve got to be heated before used. To be quite honest, I found this part the most challenging of the whole process. If you’re like me and don’t own a microwave (I know- it’s unacceptable) soak the tub of wax in a bowl of boiling water until it turns into a runny honey texture. If you’re lucky enough to have a microwave, you’re sorted.
- Now, the waxing! Using the small spatula, apply the wax above and around the lines you’ve drawn. It takes a bit of trial and error but I found the easiest way to do it was by sectioning off your brow so you can really get at each hair!
- Now, the kit comes with waxing strips (may I add they are re-useable), but for the purposes of brows, I cut them up into smaller strips just to make it easier. Then, in one smooth move place and pat down the strip onto the wax and pull.
(Insert *gasp* with absolute joy that you have clean, tidy, and well-shaped brows. Bring on June 21st)
Facial Hair Removal Kit - With Lavender Essential Oil
Sugar Coated Facial Hair Removal Kit includes Lavender essential oil. We have chosen Lavender especially for the face for its soothing effects, and Lavender is amazing for stopping inflammation.
Full Body Hair Removal Kit
Sugar Coated Full Body Hair Removal Kit uses our classic formulation to give you a great and safe waxing treatment on all areas of the body - from head to toe! The natural sugary caramel smell will leave you wanting more.
Bikini Hair Removal Kit - With Calendula Essential Oil
Bikini Line Hair Removal Kit is designed to make your waxing experience as pain-free as possible. We have achieved this by adding Calendula! This beauty of an essential oil will help soothe and calm your skin.